Cerebrovascular neurosurgery involves treatment of various blood vessel conditions that affect both the brain and spine. Treatments involve both open surgery, endovascular (within the blood vessels) and focused radiation (radiosurgery) for most brain and spine vessel disorders.
The cerebrovascular disorders that are treated but not limited to:
- Brain aneurysms and other vascular malformations (arteriovenous malformations [AVMs], dural arteriovenous fistulae [dAVFs])
- Carotid, cerebral and vertebral artery disease (atherosclerosis, plaque, narrowing, stenosis)
- Brain and vessel trauma (vascular dissections)
- Brain hemorrhages (epidural, subdural, intraparenchymal)
- Brain infarctions (stroke, vessel thrombi, vessel blockages)
- Brain tumors (primary or metastatic vascularized tumors)
- Spine vessel malformations and tumors
The cerebrovascular neurosurgeon in our practice is fellowship trained and specializes in all blood vessel disorders of the brain and spine doing open, endovascular and radiation treatment strategies.